Become a Certified Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills with Play Therapy International (PTI)
Delivered in Bali, Indonesia by Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy (APAC)
School for 15 days starts in 2019
Online Registration : https://bit.ly/2mmo9Te
Awarded by the Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy(APAC), UK, the Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) allows students to further explore ways of integrating the child as the centre of a social system, which include schools, families and other support systems.
Successful completion of this course provides the title 'Certified Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills' on the PTUK Register of Play and Creative Arts Therapists, an AR approved by the Professional Standards Authority (www.playtherapyregister.org.uk)
This play therapy course has been clinically accredited by PTUK and PTI.
The course is designed for anyone with experience of working with children or adolescents, who either works or intends to work therapeutically with them including:
AN ENLIGHTENED APPROACH TO COPING WITH CHILDRENS DIFFICULTIES
Our core model is integrative holistic making the course unique in integrating both non directive and directive approaches to play therapy using a wide range of creative arts media. The programme content is based upon the theory and practice of neuroscience and humanistic psychology, particularly that of Virginia Axline ("Dibs In Search of Self"), and Carl Rogers and the Gestalt play therapy approach of Violet Oaklander. It recognises contributions made by others in the 20th century such as John Bowlby, Carl Jung, Margaret Lowenfeld, Margaret Mahler, Donald Winnicott, etc. It also places importance on the spiritual aspect of human development. Opportunities for personal reflection and all forms of creativity will enrich your experience of the course.
The lives of children in the present day are highly regulated and controlled. Non-directive play therapy offers children the opportunity of making choices and taking responsibility for themselves; expressing themselves freely; being accepted unconditionally; having their deepest feelings respected and accepted. For these reasons their play is not interpreted and no judgements are made.
Such freedoms may only be obtained within the provision of a strong framework. Therefore the adult takes responsibility for the safety of the child, themselves and the environment. Within these constraints, the child has complete freedom to choose.
Time boundaries are also considered to be very important thus adding a sense of security by adhering to beginnings and ends. In this way the time within a session becomes timeless and the child’s imagination is set free to explore and recreate his/her experiences and to create and make his/her own world.
There are, however, a number of cases where the non directive approach needs to be complemented by other approaches. These are introduced at appropriate points. The main items in the 'Play Therapy Tool-Kit' are taught and put into practice.
• have a sound understanding of the principles underlying play therapy;
• acquire the ability to use the play therapy toolkit appropriately when working with children;
• obtain the ability to assess children’s needs and organise the provision of therapeutic play facilities;
• gain practical knowledge and skills for conducting play therapy sessions with children;
• acknowledge the ethical issues when working with children;
• understand your own development and process; and
• achieve theoretical knowledge of child development and child psychology.
The overall purpose is to enable participants to practise safely and effectively using therapeutic play skills within a variety of settings. Participants will be trained to provide emotional and psychological support to children facing minor to moderate issues.
Module 1 – Orientation to Setting Up and Development of Practice Based Play Therapy within an Integrative Holistic Model
Module 2 – Using Symbolic Play Therapy Tools and Metaphor Safely
Module 3 – Using Expressive Arts Therapies as a Means of Processing and Reaching the Unconscious
Please see this link for detail information: http://www.apac.org.uk/
The Post Graduate Certificate of Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) is the first stage of the Masters (MA) in Practise Based Play Therapy which consists of a 15-day programme with 120 contact lecture hours.
Upon completion, it leads to the Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDTPS) which accredits and recognises you as a Certified Play Therapist internationally.
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
• Application of Principles of Neuroscience
• Integration of Therapeutic Interventions, E.g., Therapeutic Story Writing, the Use of Sand Tray Work, and Creative Visualisation
• Examine and Apply Safety Procedures
• Understanding and Contributing to Play Therapy Research A presentation of a 4000-word case study;
• Satisfactory completion of a Process Diary;
• Continuous evaluation of course work contributions and ability to work with group dynamics;
• 3 assignments emerging from practice and 4 book reviews;
• 100 clinical hours working with children;
• One hour of clinical supervision for every 6 hours of clinical work; AND
• Demonstration of the theory taught in relation to child development and the use of therapeutic play techniques, assessment and child protection.
|Faculty||School of Health Sciences|
|Contact||Programme Manager: Yudi (+62 817 602 8863)|
|Office Operation Hours||09.00am - 5.00pm|
Julie is an Accredited Play Therapist PTUK/PTI, Clinical Supervisor and APAC Course Director. She has worked with children in a variety of settings for over 30 years. Through her company Jigsaw Play Therapy Ltd. she delivers a bespoke Play Therapy service tailored to the individual client and is based in Kent, England. Julie has recently taken on the new role of Overseas Course Coordinator for APAC and enjoys delivering the training both in the UK and Asia.
Komp. Harmoni Plaza Blok I Nomor 1-4
Jalan Suryoranoto 2, Jakarta Pusat
Telpon: 021 - 632 3399
For programme enquiries and registration for a programme preview, kindly contact us.
Thank You for your interest in our programme! We look forward to hear and see you soon!