HEALING METAPHORS FOR CREATING TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE WITH CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS, FAMILIES, AND COMMUNITIES
With the neuro-healing power of metaphor, creativity and play at its center, this experiential workshop presents an introduction to StoryPlay®, a resiliency-focused, indirective process that interweaves cultural diversity, inner resources, and natural healing abilities, to effect transformational change for children, families, and communities who have experienced emotional and educational challenges, trauma and adversity.
Since Play is the language of children, and Creativity is the language of Play, the StoryPlay® process weaves together these pivotal elements to form a tapestry of unique and proven methods for moving past the limitations of diagnostic labeling in order to access and reawaken the “resilient child within.” Participants will learn how to use the power of metaphor and creative steppingstones, which effect transformational change, healing, and problem-solving for children, adolescents, families and communities who have experienced trauma, grief, disaster, or loss. All elements of StoryPlay® can be used in a variety of settings and modalities; i.e, individual, group, hospital, classroom, sandtray, music, art therapies.
Oktober 20th, 2018
13.30 - 17.00 WIB
Jalan Suryopranoto Blok I No. 1-4
Komplek Harmoni Plaza, Jakarta Pusat
Joyce C. Mills, Ph.D. LLC– LMFT; RPT-S
Award-winning Co-Author of Therapeutic Metaphors for Children and the Child Within
2014 – AZ Association for Play Therapy for “Distinguished Service” award during their 19th Annual State Conference in Phoenix Arizona.
2014 – Paris France – “Lifelong work and contributions to the field of multicultural hypnotherapy.”
1997 for an outstanding contribution to the field of Child Psychotherapy and Play Therapy. Awarded by Play Therapy International.
Recipient of the 1997 Annual Play Therapy International Award for an “Outstanding career contribution to the field of child psychology & play therapy.”
participants will be able to:
1. Recognize three essential elements of the StoryPlay® Model.
2. Identify the neuro-importance of play & storytelling for healthy brain development.
3. Have a basic working knowledge of how to create and utilize therapeutic Storytelling, and Artistic Metaphors.
4. Utilize the elements of our natural ecology; i.e., seasons, rocks, shells, trees, weather, leaves, etc., as co-therapists/co-educators in the quest for transformational change and healing.
5. Learn two StoryCrafts™ for repairing emotional wounds while at the same time reawakening a sense of inner harmony and resilience.
Rp. 800.000 / pax
*refreshment & certificate
The Workshop will be delivered in English
(CAE provides translator only for participants who ask in Bahasa)